Tuesday 3 February 2009

Being a muslim is about...Being the best person you can be

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, in the name of God,the most Gracious,most Merciful.

May peace be upon all of you.

Alhamdulillah (praise to God) I'm given another day to live and be among my loved ones.
Today I'm gonna talk a bout what it takes to be a muslim,InsyaAllah.
Its about trying to be a better person each day.
(Harini lebih baik dari semalam,esok lebih baik dari harini)
So I'm going to list down the things I need to remind myself everyday,
maybe you should try it.
Each person is unic, therefore my list of to-do-things may differ from yours.;-D


So,what should I do today?

I should be more responsible. Take all of my responsibilities seriously,all of it.
Being a daughter, a student, a roomate,a sister,a friend, a citizen etc.
Which means I have to:

a) Love my mother and not to discriminate my father ;-p. Call or text them. Both of them.

b) Finish my homework, revise,avoid any "last-minutes", respect,be kind & responsive to the teacher/prof.

c) Be patient,nice & understanding to my roomate. Never forget,I'm not the only one who's paying the rent.

d) Be there for my family,relatives, talk to them, don't dissapear on them. After all, blood IS thicker than water (pesanan mak slalu),right?

e) Attend to my friends, listen to them, be their shoulder to cry on, through good times and bad ones, help them whenever possible.

f) Smile ;-D to everyone, every single soul I see in the streets, friends and strangers alike. Help if I ever come across a person in distress (damsel or not :-p). Move any object that might harm others...

Last but not least, do good be kind, and if I don't have anything nice or beneficial to say, then don't say anything,at all.

Hadith Nawawi 13

Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, who was the servant of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother (i.e: men & women alike,muslim,non-muslim) what he loves for himself"

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Hadith Nawawi 36

It was related on the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

[Muslim]

Conclusion: Think before doing or saying anything, remember Ar-Rasheed, the Guide. Commence with "Bismillahirrahmanirrahim". Try the best way possible to be a good muslim. Put an effort in doing anything (good of course), strive for the best and leave the rest to Him, al-Muqtadir, the Powerful.
InsyaAllah,(if He wills it) everything will be okay.


Puryfying your heart is also apart of being a muslim...Avoid heart disease,cure them...
How may we do that? InsyaAllah, I'll share it with you in the coming post..


For now, Rabbuna yusahhil to you dear readers..
And lets all of us strive to be a better person, so the world will be a much better place to live in.
Biiznillah.


:-)


Dawud Wharnsby, What did I do today



A sister's video on what it takes to be a muslim






2 comments:

Anis Liyana said...

Salam...
Good article nani...
thanx 4 da reminder...
truskan bg pringatan...

TRAVELLER said...

Masha Allah. la quwwata illa billah. Tiada kata terucap...